• Search

St. Luke's Chapel

288 S. Ridgecrest Ave., Rutherfordton, NC 28139

Soon after founding Rutherford Hospital in 1906 the Norris family built St. Luke's Chapel. Today St. Luke's Chapel is still used by the staff and community. In 1992, the Rutherford Hospital Auxiliary took steps to have the property placed on the National Register of Historic Places. St. Luke's and the Mission House are the only structures still standing from the hospital's earliest days.